- Community Engagement
Fire Station Tours for Groups
The Royse City Fire Department welcomes tours of the fire stations.
When scheduling your tour please keep the following tips in mind:
- Tours may be scheduled between the hours of 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Saturday.
- Firefighters have a busy schedule, so tours should be scheduled at least 10 days in advance. This allows us a greater opportunity to accommodate the date and time of your request.
- Please understand your tour may be interrupted. Fire Stations must remain “in service” during tours and the firefighters may need to respond to emergencies. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. If your tour is interrupted by an emergency call, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule your visit.
- If firefighters are not at the station when your group arrives, they are out on an emergency call. We recommend you wait 15 minutes for their return. If they do not return in that time, it will be necessary to reschedule your tour.
- Birthday parties are welcome to view the station as part of their event. We ask that you do not hold party festivities such as cake, ice cream or gifts at the station. Please do not bring food or drinks into the fire station during tours.
Fire Station Tours for Individuals
- For small groups of four people or less you can just stop by your local fire station. If the crew is not busy they will be happy to show you the station. Stations are open to the public 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Saturday. No special reservation is required for individuals.
Block Parties, Schools & Community Events
Fire trucks may be scheduled for a Show and Tell appearance for the following groups:
- Schools & Childcare Facilities
- Neighborhood Associations
- Special events such as Block Parties, Safety Fairs, Fire Safety Presentations, and Career Days.
Fire trucks may be scheduled for a maximum of two hours between the hours of 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Saturday.
We do ask that you make your request at least 10 days in advance to allow ample time to notify the crew on duty the day of your visit.
Please fill out the appropriate request using the menu on the left or visit our form center.